Middleton Hall & Gardens is a little-known historic site located on the North Warwickshire border, between Tamworth and Sutton Coldfield. The estate covers 42 acres which encompasses a historic manor house, an eighteenth-century Walled Garden and the oldest man-made lake in North Warwickshire. The Hall has a long history spanning over a millennium and the first written record of Middleton is in the Doomsday Book of 1086. Our medieval stone building is the oldest domestic building in Warwickshire. The Hall has been home to many interesting characters including a commander of the Battle of Hastings; a Tudor explorer and two extraordinary naturalists.
The site is open seasonally to the public as an historic house and gardens whilst the Courtyard, full of small independent shops and a fantastic coffee shop, is open all year round. We host a variety of events including Plant Hunters’ Fairs, motor shows and heritage-themed days.